Vintage style Treble Booster, one of the secret ingredients that helped shape legendary sounds heard by Eric Clapton in John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers, Rory Gallagher, Brian May and Tony Iommi. Built from the greatest parts available (and some barely attainable !) and carbon comp resistors for pure vintage sound !
The transistor choice is crucial for the Rooster, therefore we searched and found the best and one of the rarest germanium transistors ever made : the cherry-picked CV7003, military-spec OC44germanium transistors. The CV7003 is extremely consistent as well as heat-resistant. Each individual transistor is measured for gain and leakage and then matched through sound audition.
So here’s a DISCLAIMER!: theRooster as is, will be available for as long as our limited CV7003 supply lasts!
Playing with the guitar volume, can unlock many textures, ranging from clean crunchy tones, to fat boosted overdrive ! Also, a lifesaver when in a dead-sounding-amp situation, where you can use it in front of the amp’s input constantly on, to liven-up the amp’s sound ! Also featuring a 3-way toggle-switch for treble, mid and bass boost focus.
“…playing the Rooster through a good overdriven tube amp evokes some of my favorite classic tones and you get a great variety of sounds by manipulating your guitar volume…” Julien Kasper
“Rooster is an extremely musical treble boost with a vintage feel ! Great shimmer, never harsh !” Nir Felder
” The Rooster is an incredible ! It is the smoothest treble booster I’ve heard. Between the three settings, it is possible to get the original Rangemaster as well as Hornsby-Skewes tones. When pushing an amp, it’s my favorite color. More than just hearing the note, you can actually “Feel” it coming through the amp.” Ricky Z.
- Controls : Level, 3-way toggle-switch for treble, mid and bass boost focus
- Works with a 9V battery or a 9V DC adaptor (tip-negative)
- Powering the Rooster :
– Using a battery (recommended): It is best to use a carbon zinc 9v battery (not alkaline or lithium) as it looses its power gradually making the pedal sound warmer and fuzzier ! If you want to have your pedal mounted on a pedal board and keep it plugged in at all times without draining the battery’s life, you can use the small DC plug provided on the power jack, every time you’re not playing.
– 9v Boss-type power supply (tip negative): *Caution : this circuit uses positive ground. Therefore you cannot connect this pedal to any type of chained power supply linked with other common DC-powered pedals, unless the power supply unit features separate isolated DC outputs, into which you can plug the Rooster
– The 3rd option is to use a 9v chained power supply (eg 1spot), but you will need the “Diago” isolator adaptor.
- Uses only 4mA of power when ON and barely any power when off (under 0.2mA!) so the battery will last hundreds of hours !
- If you choose to connect another non-true-bypass pedal before the Rooster, in your pedal chain, our opinion is the pedal will not reach its maximum tonal capacity. You can check this out, hear the difference, and decide for yourself.
- Dimensions : 111 x 68 x 47 mm
- Weight : 0,25 kg / 0,55 lb
Product reviews (0)
Free shipping across India on all pre-paid orders above ₹5,000.
Cash on Delivery available on orders below ₹40000.
Buy that pedal you always wanted! Buy now, pay at ease.
All products are inclusive of 6 months warranty however you can purchase an extended 1 year warranty.
If we don't have the best price, we'll make it. Show us an item "in stock" for less on any website & we'll beat it.