JOYO PXL-Live Effect Pedal Loop MIDI 8 or 2/4 Controller
The JOYO PXL-Live, the newest member of the JOYO PXL series programmable pedals controllers - pxl4,pxl8, pxl-pro. The JOYO PXL-Live is a very powerful pedal controller, it not only can be set to use dual 4 channels like the pxl pro with a total of 8 loop channels, but it is also designed with midi out, enabling you to trigger any kind of midi enabled amp or effect settings.
Send commands via midi cc and midi program to control your computer based recording software. For musicians who are beginning to juggle lots of equipment, the pxl-live will be the perfect pedal loop and midi controller enabling you to turn effects on or off in banks, without tap dancing all over the place.
Dual 4 channel loop design
2 ×on board fully programmable trigger switch (relay)
1 X midi out
Midi cc and midi program change command are available simultaneously
Rated power supply voltage:dc 9v
Rated current consumption:220ma
Tuner mute & bi-amping controls
switching effects banks 8 banks with four presets each (a, b, c, d) available
editing loop combinations.
trigger polarity editing
trigger mode editing
bypassed trigger actions
The main menu options of the pxl live are:
- EH - Edit the high loops, also known as loop 2, or, if you are counting from 1-8, eh will edit loops 5-8.
- EL - Edit the low loops, also known as loop 1, or, loops 1-4 (from right to left on the pxl-live)
- ET - Edit the behaviour of the two trigger outputs when selecting a preset.
- EB - Edit the behaviour of the two trigger outputs when switching the selected preset into bypass
- EM - Edit trigger mode: switch between momentary or latch mode. Which one applies to your depends on the equipment you are trying to switch. Consult the manual of the gear you want to switch to identify which to use.
- EP - Edit the polarity of the trigger. Is the light up trigger led on or is it off? This also depends on how your connected equipment works. Play around with this setting if your experience problems. Ma under ma you can program two individual midi messages that are sent out when the preset is selected. Please consult the midi section of this manual for more information
- MB - Under MB you can program two individual midi messages that are sent out when the preset is switched to bypass. You might want to send program change message to your amp when putting the pxl-live into bypass so that you can play a distorted rhythm sound without any effects and switch to a clean sound with effects on when engaging the preset again. Please consult the midi section of this manual for more information.
A continuous controller can control and give values to a number of different devices: every midi enabled device is able to define which cc messages their device can receive. You probably know those little joysticks or wheels on keyboards/synths. They work in a similar way, sending cc messages for pitch and modulation. When you are changing the volume on a synthesizer sound, you are sending a cc message.
In our case with the JOYO PXL live, you can send a cc message to an amplifier to change the level of a certain channel, as long as the amp is set up to receive and react to that message. You can use it to change the delay time on a midi capable delay or even to control the looper functions (rec/overdub, play, stop) on delays that have continuous controllers mapped to those functions.
Midi channels - using the JOYO PXL Live with midi you can send 2 program changes to 2 separate devices on different channels, for example. Midi cables can carry up to 16 different midi streams on 16 different channels. Simply set your receiving device to the correct channel and it will only react to midi messages that are being sent on that channel and ignore everything else that might also be carried on the same cable. This way you can daisy-chain several devices and each device can be talked to independently.
The possibilities are endless and are only limited by the type of gear you have and by how creative you want to get with your pxl-live.
Product reviews (0)
Free shipping across India on all pre-paid orders above ₹5,000.
Cash on Delivery available on orders below ₹40000.
Buy that pedal you always wanted! Buy now, pay at ease.
All products are inclusive of 6 months warranty however you can purchase an extended 1 year warranty.
If we don't have the best price, we'll make it. Show us an item "in stock" for less on any website & we'll beat it.